I am a curry FANATIC and have been ever since the first time someone served me Coronation Chicken (yes, I know.)
One of the best things curry can do is elevate ingredients and one of those made-in-heaven matches is Butternut Squash and curry.
I buy Taste of Thai red curry paste, and keep it in the freezer, but other pastes exist. If you have access to an Asian market, have a look there for different types of curries. Golden Curry paste and Green Curry Paste will also work in this.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 pounds butternut or honeynut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into small ½-inch pieces
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed or chopped
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass paste (if you can find it.)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Sambal Oelek (or Sriracha)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 cups (32 ounces) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 can Coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Fish Sauce (optional)