Yes, I own an Instant Pot, and no I will not shut up about it.
I was VERY skeptical of owning one at first, because I owned a Fagor Pressure Cooker for years and managed to use it a sum total of 3 times before putting it in storage.
BUT! Once I realized it had a killer feature- the ability to make 6 LITERS of Yogurt in one go, without any of the aggravation of my home method (Involving a heating pad and a lot of trial and error) I bought one as soon as it went on sale.
Now, I would punch you if I caught you looking at it funny.
Here’s the way I make Yogurt.
- 4 Liters of Milk (1 Gallon) (I use full fat or “Homo” milk if you live in Canada)
- 4 acidophilus supplement capsules (OR 1/3 cup of active culture Yogurt)
- Instant Pot (At least 6 Quart)
- Colander for Straining Yogurt
- Coffee filters or unbleached paper towel for straining Yogurt
- Instant Read Thermometer (I use a Thermapen Pop)
- Oven mitts, for moving the inner pot